Leading children to trust and follow Christ by equipping them to live a life of worship, in community and on mission.
Awana is an international, Bible-centered children’s curriculum that focuses on Bible teaching, Scripture memorization, games and tons of fun. Awana is our primary venue to equip children to live on mission with God.
Awana is for children 3 years old through 5th grade and our program meets throughout the school year.
Sundays, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Fall 2019 program starts on August 11th
After the opening ceremony, each club will rotate between three stations during the evening.
- Handbook time—where leaders are re-enforcing comprehension and memorization before checking for individual mastery of the weekly verse(s)
- Game time—where children participate in exciting team games on the Awana game grid
- Mission time—where children are learning the biblical foundations of missions, hearing from missionaries, and learning how to actively participate in missions
3 – 4 year olds: “Cubbies”
The Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training and the church should reinforce what is already being learned at home
Our preschool program trains children through FUN – and lots of it! Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ.
K – 2nd Grade: “Sparks”
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for K – 2nd Grade kids alike. Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
3rd – 5th Grade: “T&T”
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our 3rd – 5th grade program. By the time a child has completed all four T&T handbooks, he/she will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up the answers
- Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes.