The Mother/Son Dinner Date provides a venue for moms to come together in celebration and affirmation of God’s gift of sons. It provides sons with the chance to practice how they should treat and cherish a woman. We’ll have food, dancing, and precious photo ops; you’ll even go home with some ideas on how to continue building foundational experiences with your son(s) throughout the year.
We’ll decorate with a Super Hero theme, but there is not a set dress code for the evening. Sunday dress is fine, but feel free to dress more formerly or thematically.
Who’s invited: Kindergarten through 5th grade boys and their moms. If your son’s mom can’t make it, another significant woman in his life is more than welcome to attend with him.
What’s the cost? $10/person. Exact cash total or check at the door would be the most convenient option for us at this time.
What about COVID-19? We had a wonderful time at the Daddy/Daughter Dinner Dance applying these simple protocols. Face coverings and social distancing will be very similar to what we’ve been practicing on Sunday mornings.
- Family Tables—Instead of mixing families at large tables, each family will have its own sitting area for eating dinner. The tables will be spaced appropriately.
- Distanced Dancing—You will be responsible for helping your family maintain appropriate social distancing with the other families in attendance.
- Pre-packaged Meals—Instead of a self-serve buffet line, meals will be at your family table when you arrive.
- Face Coverings—You’re probably accustomed to this already, but I’ll say it anyway. Face Coverings will be mandatory for everyone participating. Face coverings will be worn at all times except while you are seated at your family table. This applies to everyone who chooses to attend.
- Health Screener—The screener asks if you’ve had symptoms or been around someone confirmed positive and includes a temp check.
- Attendance Limit—I’ve done the math and can accommodate no more than 20 family units. Once capacity has been reached, you’ll be placed on a waiting list and contacted if cancellations occur.
If all of this seems like a good fit for you and your family, I’ll see you there. If it doesn’t, I look forward to being able to offer a more traditional Daddy Daughter Dinner Dance next year.
Please Register Below