At the Ron Dunn Encouragement Conference this year,
we were encouraged as a church to live a Life on Mission. See below for three practical ways that you can respond and be engaged in the mission of our church to Lead People to Trust and Follow Christ.
We recently announced our 2020 Missions Offering with a goal of $55,000 to go towards our various missionaries and partnerships. You can give online here and designate your offering to Missions when you submit your payment.
Lottie Moon | IMB | Gebert family
Missionary Partners: $22,500
L* family – Ministry Projects
T* family – Support
Hwang’s – Church-plant Support
Goodrich’s – Ministry Projects
Allen’s – Fundraiser for Yemen
McAlhaney’s – Scholarships for Moffat Bible College
See below for a list of opportunities to engage our community in the month of October! We encourage you to find one or multiple ways for you, your family, or your community group to be involved. We ask all participants to bring a mask for each opportunity. We have provided some Remote Options for those who are unable to be involved in person. No registration is required. For questions, email Cole at email@example.com.
October 28 – Local Schools
- Meet at the church at 7 p.m. to pack care packages for teachers at local schools and to write thank you cards. A team will deliver the care packages the next day to the schools.
- Remote Option – Contact Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a list of teachers to write a card of encouragement, and drop off at the church.
October 31 – Park Outreach – Fall Festival
- Join families from the church from 4pm to 6pm at North Lake Ranch Park for a Fall Festival! There will be games, candy, costumes and prizes for kids as we try to get to know those in the community. Please contact Kim Bruner (email@example.com) or Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to be involved.
Ongoing / Upcoming:
Work Day at a Missionary’s Home
Spend a Saturday blessing missionary colleagues of the Goodrich’s, by repairing their lawn/landscaping which was heavily damaged by a recent storm in which trees were uprooted and fell onto their house. If interested, please contact email@example.com for the time and address.
Sign up as a volunteer at Crisis Ministries, our partner in assisting individuals and families in crisis by meeting physical and spiritual needs. Visit https://crisis-ministries.org/get-involved/ to learn more.
Carl Lovejoy is looking for men to be involved in a new mentoring/discipleship opportunity in the DFW area. Email Carl to be involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Intercessory Prayer Call for the Muslim World Every Thursday
Join the Goodrich’s for this weekly prayer initiative in collaboration with our missionary colleagues at The Forefront Experience to intercede for the salvation of Muslims both locally and worldwide. Thursdays from 12 – 1 p.m. Email email@example.com to ask for the Zoom link.
Prayer is the fuel and power for the mission of God. We want to encourage you to be steadfast in praying for God’s kingdom to advance in the world:
- Pray for our missionaries
- Pray for our October outreach opportunities
- Pray for the lost, both here and around the world